IThe Asia Education Teachers' Association (AETA), a voluntary non-profit organisation, dedicates itself to:
- promote studies of Asia in Australian schools whether as a separate discipline, or as part of studies in other disciplines
- publish a journal dedicated to providing appropriate input about Asia to school teachers, as well as being a forum for the dissemination of ideas for improving studies of Asia in Australian schools
- publish resources which can be helpful in teaching about Asia in Australian schools
- promote and/or participate in conferences, seminars, or other discussions which are aimed at promoting studies of Asia
- make representations to governmental or other bodies regarding studies of Asia courses in the school curricula
- make representations to tertiary institutions regarding studies of Asia in tertiary courses, particularly for teacher education
- disseminate news about this Association’s activities and its views about studies of Asia through the media and through specialist newsletters and journals.